Summer is not far off and the Tuscan coast is ready to welcome visitors with events for all ages and tastes. Let yourself be tempted by some of our proposals:
1. Summer Carnival in Viareggio The traditional, colorful summer version of the carnival is back! Huge floats will be on parade along the seaside boulevards on July and August from 9pm onwards.2. Art exhibitions in Pietrasanta Pietrasanta in the Versilia area is always full of live and things to do. Every summer there are open air exhibitions in Piazza del Duomo and is the perfect place for art lovers.
3. Snorkeling in the Tuscan archipelago The seven pearls of the Tuscan archipelago offer incredible underwater vistas for snorkeling fans. It’s hard to decide where to start!4. Take the children to the Livorno aquarium and see the sunset from Mascagni Terrace If you come to Tuscany with kids, the Livorno aquarium is sure to please. There are 3000 square meters, 20 pools, 1200 fish and 150 species. The aquarium is for all ages: and Livorno is wonderful to visit too, especially Piazza Mascagni, which looks out over the Livorno coast and offers spectacular views. Sunset there is amazing! 5. Visit the Archaeological park of Baratti and Populonia The Archeological Park of Baratti and Populonia is an outdoor Etruscan museum. Populonia is a medieval town that is full of life – its 14th century walls were built to defend the city from pirates and town is a medieval jewel. From the Rocca fort, which can be visited, you can enjoy one of the best views of the Tuscan archipelago and the surrounding landscape.
6. Tour Elba on motorcycle Panoramic roads crisscross the Island and lead to its perfect beaches: what else could you possibly want for a motorcycle trip? The beaches are fabulous, the mountains are breathtaking, there’s great food and wine, culture, towns, and itineraries for all tastes. Spoil yourself and your body!7. Go horseback riding in the Park of Maremma Horseback riding excursions are a fun and pleasant way to see the natural delights of Maremma and spend some time in close contact with nature. There are numerous possibilities that allow both experts and beginner riders to explore the protected areas. You might even see deer, boar, cows and Maremman horses.
8. Bolgheri Melody Poetry and wine combined to animate this fantastic festival in Bolgheri that takes place between July and August. There will be music, dance, theater, conversations and art with the most famous cypress trees in the world as a background. International names will be present for the magical event.
9. Notte Blu on the Etruscan Coast – June During the weekend of June 16 the Etruscan coast will be transformed into a stage to celebrate the beginning of summer. Concerts, markets, shows, thematic dinners, tastings, open museums, beach parties and lots more. Click here to discover all the events in the area.10. Venice-in-Livorno In the heart of Livorno is a fascinating 18th century neighborhood that is made up of canals, marble bridges and elegant palaces. This is where the Venice Effect festival takes place. There is art, music, traditional celebrations, and shows that celebrate the more than 25 years of the festival. During the summer months there are numerous events and a rich program dedicated to a special theme.