“Mystery Tuscany” is a documentary movie filmed in Tuscany about Tuscan legends.
The film is made up 12 episodes, each one set in a different medieval village, castle, church, city, necropolis or island in Tuscany. These places have been chosen because of their great past, important people which lived there or a mysterious story connected to them.
Here’s the complete list of the episodes and their settings:
- Volterra – A Witch Trial
- Siena – The Diana: the Ghost River
- Saint Galgano – The Sword in the Rock
- Brolio Castle – The Iron Baron’s Ghost
- Poppi Castle – The Beautiful Matelda
- Montecristo – Treasures, Saints, Pirates and Novelists
- Fosdinovo Castle – A Malaspina’s Love
- Borgo a Mozzano – The Devil’s Bridge
- Vincigliata Castle – The Tragic Bride
- Monteriggioni – Captain Zeti’s Remorse
- Crevole Castle – The Howl of the Bishop
- Sovana – The Carriage of the Etruscan Queen
Written and directed by Andrea Mignolo & Pantaleone Megna, produced by the Galgano Productions and with Carolina Gamini’s storytelling, Mystery Tuscany aims to make people live and empathize with the legends of Tuscany exploiting cinema’s language and techniques.
How to see Mystery Tuscany’s episodes
You can receive Mystery Tuscany at home is easy and cheap. The dvd cost is 19.90€ and the shipping rates are based on the destination (anyway, the delivery is around 3-14 days). You can pay with Paypal or a normal bank transfer. This is the ordering page, click “BUY” on the box on the right.
If you are in Tuscany, these are the shops where you can find the dvd, otherwise you can watch the first part of the Devil’s Bridge episode on the Region of Tuscany’s web site, in Italian, with an interview to the director
View Episodes – Mystery Tuscany in a larger map