The Maremma is an area in southern Tuscany that corresponds to the Province of Grosseto; it borders the Tyrrhenian Sea and it is mainly composed by pure, amazing, Tuscan countryside.
Maremma is a perfect destination for agritourism and for Etruscan history lovers, but you will also find breathtaking medieval villages, surprising islands, accessible beaches, incredible food and delicious wines as well!
The Top 10 destinations we recommend in Maremma are:
1) Mount Argentario with its fantastic coastline, the 2 main villages Porto Ercole and Porto Santo Stefano and the Spanish fortresses upon it
2) Populonia with its Etruscan acropolis and necropolis3) Pitigliano, built in the tuff and with it’s charming Jewish neighborhood plus the other two Etruscan, tuff-built villages Sovana and Sorano
4) Alberese, Talamone and the Uccellina nature park
6) Saturnia‘s hot springs
7) Scansano, for its panorama, food and wine
8) Castiglione della Pescaia and Punta Ala, two beach villages with a lively nightlife
9) Orbetello, its lagoon and the Feniglia