1. It’s harvest time in Tuscany
There are several wine tastings and wine festivals in Tuscany. September is the wine month, while October and November means olive harvest, truffle hunting and chestnuts. Take note of these 10 festivals for foodies in Tuscany and don’t forget to taste the Chianti Classico or one of the Top 11 Tuscan wine denominations!
2. It’s time to delight yourself with truffles and mushroomsIf you love a risotto ai porcini this is the right time to order it at restaurants because it’s fresh. In November you shouldn’t miss the Festival of Truffles in San Miniato! It’s one of the most popular festivals in Tuscany (truffles-related) and the town of San Miniato becomes really crowd.
3. Beautiful colorsIt’s the time to appreciate a mix of colours from green to yellow to red and of course we expect always the blue sky and sunny day. The picture has been taken in Castelnuovo Berardenga, one of the 32 charming small towns of Tuscany.
4. Mild weatherVisiting small towns, cities of art, do sports… everything is a pleasure with a warm weather. Bring some warm clothes for the night, some t-shirts and a windbreaker for the day and have fun! The temperature normally varies from 17°C to 24°C (60 F to 75 F). If you are packing right now, don’t forget to check out the weather forecast for Tuscany!
5. Less touristsIn October and November tourist numbers decrease and you’ll easily find yourself alone wandering in the most beautiful Tuscan villages. Autumn is a great time to explore Tuscany if you prefer to avoid the crowds and meet locals, giving yourself an authentic experience.
Watch this videos for ideas, itineraries and suggestions for a wonderful Fall in Tuscany:
Do you have other good reasons to visit Tuscany in Autumn? Leave a comment below!