Easy and Fast
How easy can tuscan food get – here is the broad bean and pecorino salad recipe! Traditionally broad beans are eaten with some fresh pecorino, this way the slight bitterness of the broad beans is balanced out by the sweetness of the cheese. Perfect during this time of the year, when the broad beans are in season!
Here is a starter or side dish version.
|Beans and Pecorino Recipe||
- 500 g (1lb 2 oz) fresh pecorino cheese
- 800 g (1lb 2 oz) shelled broad (fava) beans
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Cut the cheese into cubes.Put the broad beans into a bowl and splash with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix through. Put a pile of broad beans onto each plate, scatter with the pecorino cheese and serve.
Pic credits Kirstyhall – Broad Beans 12