- 4 white fresh spring onions
- 3 artichokes
- 1 cluster of asparagus
- 6 tablespoons of fresh broad beans
- 4 tablespoons of fresh peas
- 2 oz of ground veal
- 2 oz of pancetta (sweet bacon)
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Clean all your vegetables. Slice the artichokes and onions finely, shell the peas and broad beans and chop your asparagus. *
- In a deep casserole sauté onions and diced pancetta, when onion is translucent add the ground veal and brown it. Stir
- frequently. Now add in the following order: peas, board beans, artichokes and at last asparagus. Let it flavour well, salt and pepper.
- Now pour in 4 cups of broth. Cook for about 45 minutes on low fire. Serve with toasted bread.
Tip* when cleaning asparagus use the green part – in order to decide where to break off – use the part that is breakable by hand. This will be the tender part of the asparagus