- 350 g spaghetti
- 300 g fresh anchovies (small sized)
- 2 garlic cloves
- bunch of parsley
- 1 chilli (red, small and dry)
- 1/2 glass of white dry wine
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Chop up the garlic, parsley and chilli. Next, clean (debone) your anchovies and divide them into two or three bits (if small a couple of pieces). Pour the olive oil into your pan and add your chopped up spices, after a few minutes add the anchovies. Cook at medium-low heat for another 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime cook your spaghetti in abundant salted water and a couple of minutes before cooking time ends add the spaghetti to your sauce (don’t worry about draining too much as the water will help make sauce creamier).This is a very fast recipe, it will surprise you if the anchovies are extremely fresh. Some people add capers others fresh diced tomatoes…. By the way, keep in mind these are fresh anchovies and not the kind that are cured or stored in olive oil. I like it this way