1 chicken of about 1kg
Sage (10 leaves)
1 lemon (juice)
- Cut the chicken along the backbone. Open out the chicken to flatten it completely. Make slashes with a sharp knife across the thigh meat (usually harder to cook since it’s very thick).
- It should result all of the same thickness. Tighten it between two grates.
- Use a brush to place the citronette (olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper) on both sides, now, season with the mixture*.
- *Chop up the sage leaves and the garlic. Place this mixture in a bowl.
- Cook for 30 minutes over coals – turning it for 4 or 5 times. Every time you turn it over make sure to brush with a little citronette – this will prevent it from becoming too dry.