The picture gallery houses various artworks that once adorned the monastery founded by the Florentine banker Niccolò Acciaioli in 1342. The complex underwent major remodelling in the centuries that followed, especially at the end of the 15th century (cloisters) and the 16th century (the church and the square in front.) The gallery occupies two large rooms inside the 14th-century Palazzo Acciaioli, which adjoins the Certosa. Of particular interest are Jacopo Pontormo’s frescoes depicting Scenes from the Passion (c.1520), detached from the main cloister. The church, cloisters, chapter house, refectory and guest quarters are also open to the public for visiting.
Loc. Galluzzo - Tel. 055 2049226
Weekdays: Winter: 9-11/15-16; Summer: 9-11/15-17; Sundays and holidays: Winter: 15-16; Summer: 15-17; Closed: Mondays.
The ticket offices close 30 minutes before the museum closing time (40 minutes for Campanile, Cupola, Museo dell’Opera del Duomo, 60 minutes for Certosa and Museo Stibbert ).
Entrance: Free - Donations welcome.