A small jewel of a museum containing works that once belonged to the Compagnia Maggiore di Santa Maria del Bigallo, which illustrate the life of the confraternity over the centuries. These include a fresco produced by the workshop of Bernardo Daddi in 1342, featuring the oldest known depiction of Florence; it is possible to make out the Baptistery and the Cathedral in the process of construction, with the façade as conceived by Arnolfo. The first floor of the museum houses frescoes formerly on the façade of the building of the Bigallo and paintings on panel and canvas. A section entitled ‘Leonardo in Florence’ focuses on the great Renaissance genius.
Piazza San Giovanni 6 - Firenze
Ph: +39 055 215440
Source: Florence APT