Document Center of Ancient Altopascio
Area history through ceramics and sculptures
The collection is housed inside the Loggiato Mediceo, built during 1472 to 1475. The loggia, located in front of the Pellegrinaio, and constitutes the main architectural element in Piazza Garibaldi (formerly Piazza del mercato). The collection documents the history of Altopascio and the surrounding area with various materials, in particular ceramic objects dating back to the Renaissance. The relics were brought to light thanks to the archaeological section of “Italia Nostra”. Other materials come from the medieval church, the cloister or Palazzo. The collection was once part of a smaller one housed in the city library from the beginning of the 1980s. It was made into one exhibition in 1990 and made into a documentation center in 1991.
Open upon reservation with the city library