Liberation History Museum
Objects dating back to 1943-1945
The museum is housed in Lucca’s Palazzo Guinigi and is currently closed in anticipation of its reopening in another location. The Liberation History Museum is a collection of various materials relating to the Lucca liberation front. The atrium illustrates the Russian Campaign (1941-1943). The first room houses artifacts from the period from 1938 to 1944, including materials on the racial laws, Italian Army officer uniforms, photographs of Italian cities destroyed by the war and maps denoting the location of prison camps. The second room is a collection of relics and photographs of priests and nuns killed by the Nazis. The third (and largest) room is a collection of relics and a number of photographs from the Italian Liberation Corps and the Allied Expedition Corps who participated in the liberation of Italy from 1943 to 1945. The fourth room holds the contributions of local residents to the cause of liberating Lucca and the surrounding area.
via S.Andrea, 43
Telephone: 0583 490294-342010-5684